Since 1996 Nominet has operated at the heart of the UK’s internet community as the .UK domain name registry.
We believe in a world that is connected, inclusive and secure. Our policies provide the framework of principles which ensure this ambition is reflected in the .UK namespace.
Contracts and Rules
- Terms & Conditions of Domain Name Registration – The contract a Registrant enters into with Nominet when they register a .UK domain name.
- .UK Registry-Registrar Agreement – The contract between Nominet and our Registrars. Includes the standards and obligations we expect of our Registrars when dealing with .UK domain names.
- Rules of Registration – The rules for the registration and use of domain names within the .UK domain and its sub-domains. These rules form part of our Terms & Conditions of Domain Name Registration and are part of the Registrant’s contract with Nominet.
- Schools Domain Name Rules – Rules for the allocation of .sch.uk domain names to schools.
- Definitions & Interpretations – A glossary of terms used in our various contracts, policies, or Ts & Cs.
- Registrar Systems – Acceptable Use Policy Usage limits for users of our various Registrar facilities.
- Criminal Practices Policy – How we address criminal activity in .UK, .cymru and .wales. This policy is also available in Welsh.
As part of our service we maintain a directory called ‘WHOIS’ – an official listing of the full details of all .UK domain names.
- WHOIS Contract Terms The terms you agree to as a WHOIS user.
- Acceptable Use Policy Usage limits for our .UK WHOIS tool.
Privacy & data quality
- Data Quality Policy How we ensure our Registrars provide accurate Registrant data.
- Data Release Policy The policy setting out the circumstances under which we will disclose Registrant data to third parties with a legitimate need for access.
Dispute Resolution Service
- DRS Policy Applies on or after 1st October 2016 The rules and procedures governing our Dispute Resolution Service, through which you can complain about someone else’s .UK domain name registration.
- DRS Policy Applies up to and including 30th September 2016 The rules governing our Dispute Resolution Service, through which you can complain about someone else’s .UK domain name registration.
- DRS Procedure Applies up to and including 30th September 2016 The procedures for making complaints and responding to complaints through our Dispute Resolution Service
- Zone Files Access Licence The terms and conditions for accessing the .UK Zone Files.
- Network Peering Policy Policy to be followed in order to peer with Nominet.
- Member Forum Rules Member rules to follow when accessing and using the Nominet Forum.